January 9, 2011

Slightly Vamped Up

A night out with the girls is definitely an excuse for getting dressed up. For the winter, I find myself into darker looks for the night; a little bit of a smoked out eye, thick eyeliner, contoured cheeks, and deep mahogany lip. Somewhat of a 'slightly vamped up' look. Not too overpowering, but still eye catching.

Sorry about yellow lighting. The final face picture is from my Blackberry. Hopefully that gives you a little bit of a better idea of the look.







Products Used:
  1. MAC pigment in Cocomotion

  2. Gosh pigment in 11 Green Star

  3. MAC e/s in Meet the Fleet

  4. MAC e/s in Shroom

  5. Annabelle liquid black eyeliner

  6. Annabelle black eye kohl

  7. Maybelline mascara in The Falsies Volum' Express

  8. MAC Studio Fix powder foundation in NC 45

  9. Rimmel London Bronzer in 001 Sun Kiss

  10. MAC Mineralize blush in Fad-Dabulous

  11. NYC Lipstick in Mahogany

Eyes:
I first applied a random concealer as my eyeshadow base. I then applied Cocomotion all over my lids, followed by Green Star in the crease, bringing it all the way down on both ends of the crease. Over Green Star, I applied Meet the Fleet which is a dark, almost navy blue. This made Green Star a little bit darker. I then applied Shroom to my highlight. Apply mascara, eyeliner to the waterline, and eyeliner on your top, winging it out a little in the end, and you're done the eyes!

Face:
Apply your foundation of choice. I chose to use my studio fix foundation in NC 45. Apply a dark (darker than your skin tone) bronzer to contour your cheeks and then apply a light pink blush. I chose Sun Kiss by Rimmel as my bronzer and Fad-Dabulous by MAC as my blush.

Lips:
The final step - lips. Apply your choice of lip balm to your lips to keep them moisturized. I applied Mahogany by NYC as my lip colour, without lip liner. You can use any dark mahogany or maroon colour. Remember, personal preference!

That's all for now. Leave a comment if you have any questions or concerns.


7 comments:

thomessa said...

That makeup is gorgeous!!! I love everything about it, you look great!

Thushaa said...

Thank you beautiful!

NADIA ABOULHOSN said...

LOVE your eye make up! youre so good at it!

Leigh said...

love this look! you look awesome! :)

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

kay eh tea ei. said...

Ooh wow, great makeup! Really amazing post :)

http://gh0stparties.blogspot.com

Lauren Loves said...

Hello,

Love this look, your eyebrows are gorgeous (that's a wierd complement)

Lauren @ Lauren Loves... xxx

Thushaa said...

Thank you, ladies! Lauren, that's definitely not a weird comment. =)